- It was cut down by a steel beam that fell from the North Twin Tower when it collapsed.
- New Yorkers made the tree a memorial of remembrance of 9-11.
- In 2003, a cedar tree, as stated in Isaiah 9;10, was planted IN THE EXACT SPOT where the sycamore tree had been.
- When God brings judgment, He exposes the foundations or roots.
- One of the 'foundations' of the United States is Wall Street where the New York Stock Exchange was founded. The previous name of this group? The Buttonwood Association. Buttonwood literally means "sycamore."
- Wall Street was also the first location our government convened under the newly ratified Constitution. Its first meeting was at the corner of Ground Zero. George Washington's prayer asks for protection over our country as we imitate God's virtues, implying we would lose His protection if we don't imitate god’s virtues.
- A bronze sculpture of the uprooted sycamore at ground zero was placed on Wall Street in September of 2005.
- President Obama's declaration that we will rebuild, we will recover did not acknowledge "with God's mercy and grace" as many predecessors had done in making similar declarations, but it is in the same spirit of "self-will" as the speeches that directly cited the Isaiah passage.
2 Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.”